Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep Builder are software applications for data preparation, analysis, and visualization. Through a drag-and-drop interface, they allow users to connect to most Databases and Spreadsheets, create and share interactive visualizations and dashboards, and prepare data for analysis. No programming is necessary.
This donation provides a two-year license for both Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep Builder for one user. This user can use the software on up to two devices during this time. The product will cease to function entirely after two years unless the subscription is renewed. See the System Requirements tab for more information.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep Builder to
- Reduce time creating reports
- Combine, shape, and clean your data in preparation for analysis
- Automate tasks like grouping similar objects, replacing data from other fields, and creating calculations
- Provide transparency to donors and funding organizations through interactive visuals that illustrate program progress and impact
- Analyze donor Trends to be more effective with marketing campaigns and fundraising
- Perform fast and detailed analytics by linking data from multiple sources
Knowledge of data structure is recommended, but not required. If you are comfortable creating Spreadsheets, you should be able to learn to use Tableau.
- Preparing data: Tableau can take data from many sources, combine it together, and create associations between data.
- Connection to multiple data sources: Tableau can access data from sources such as Excel files, QuickBooks Online, Salesforce, Access, and SQL Databases.
- Choice of visualization types: Depending on your selected data, you can display it on a map or as a bar chart, pie chart, heat map, area chart, and more.
- Dashboards: You can create dashboards that display several different visualizations at once.
- Stories: You can create a sheet that contains a sequence of worksheets and dashboards that work together to convey information. Users click story points in a Navigator to proceed through the sequence.
- Filtering: You can set up filters on your visualizations so that you can choose to view parts of the data at a time. For example, you might want to view the data for a particular region and income level.
- Sharing: You can share Tableau workbooks with other Tableau Desktop users, as static images or PDF files, through the free Tableau Reader , or online with Tableau Public .
Tableau also offers free consultations to nonprofits through the Tableau Service Corps .
The administrative fee for this product is not Refundable and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send an email to your organization with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
|System Requirements||See Tableau system requirements .|
|Continuing Service After Two Years||You may renew your subscription by requesting another product through TechSoup every two years before your subscription expires. Tableau will notify you 30 days before expiration, both by email and within the product.|
|Existing Subscribers Eligible||This offer is available to current Tableau subscribers.|
|Previewing Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep Builder||If you've participated in a free trial for Tableau, or have previously downloaded a free trial, you can request this product to activate your trial version.|
I understand that the administrative fee for this downloaded product is not refundable and that the product cannot be exchanged. TechSoup must consider the product installed and in use as soon as the request is approved and the administrative fee is received.
I agree to the terms outlined in the Tableau End User License Agreement.
Product restrictions can be found under Tableau's Eligibility Guidelines.